Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chance Meeting?

Today I went to one of my favorite spots in the whole world...Target. Actually, it is more than just one of my favorite spots, it is an addiction, I mean really, who doesn't love Target? However, today I was there on a mission of sorts. I need a sun shade for my car. As I passed by an end cap (where ALL of the good bargains are found at Target) I saw a man standing looking at some of the above mentioned "bargains", but I didn't need what was there so I just kept on walking UNTIL I heard him say "you should get one of these weather stations, they work". This man was standing there, dressed in Navy blue pants, Navy blue workout jacket and carrying a backpack on his back. He was also sporting ear buds, I don't know if they were to aid him in his hearing or if it was a IPOD of sorts. He had a greyish white beard and greyish white hair and was wearing glasses. I stopped to talk with him and as I looked into his eyes I felt the most wonderful kind feeling for and about him. We chatted about the weather and he said that he had heard it had been very windy. I commented that it was going to be another windy week. He replied that he should leave town before it got bad. I asked him where he was going and he shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't quite know yet". The kindness poured out of his soul through his eyes and I felt such a warmth coming from him. I wished him luck and safety on his journeys. We ended the conversation and I walked a few steps forward then I turned to see where he was going. GONE. He was already gone. As I walked around I wondered about him. There was just something there. I got to the front to check out and there he was, just standing, looking calm. I looked his way, he nodded his head and then slowly made his way out to the front doors. I was not far behind him and when I got to the parking lot he was GONE again.
Now, this story may seem strange to you, and it is actually a little strange to me, but I am so thankful that I stopped to have a conversation with him. I have never had something like that happen to me before, and it has me wondering. Who did I just meet?
Well that is my story for today...P.S. I don't beleive in chance meetings...EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment