Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Do you ever feel.....

disappointed? I mean, we all feel it sometimes, I realize, but this was different. Today I went to Las Cruces with Lauren and baby Titan to see my niece Myka who was there for FFA. Now, when we go to Las Cruces we usually eat at Dions (did you hear the music playing as I said that name???? It was heavenly music because that is what their food is...) . Well today was a little different because Myka was staying on the complete opposite side of town to in comparison to where Dions (again , heavenly sounds) is located. So, we made a judgment call (a bad one in hind sight) to go to Blakes Lotaburger, a New Mexico local and favorite hamburger "joint"! I did have my mouth watering for a good green chili cheeseburger dripping with yum and a large Dr Pepper, a sin, I know, with their delectable crushed ice! I guess somewhere in the far and dark corners of my small mind I always have the taste of Dions so nothing really does compare, but I thought I would try. My order was up...a green chili cheeseburger with a soggy bun, too many onions and MUSTARD. Eeeewww the grossest of gross for a hamburger to have mustard, mustard belongs only on hot dogs. So my palate is saddened and disappointed.
Well i know that isn't the worst disappointment in life, really I do, but you can rest assured ( I guess I am talking to my palate) that I will only let the heavenly Dions touch my tongue next time. I promise. In fact, I am planning my next trip right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment