Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Rock in my shoe

Yesterday I was out walking up and down some ferocious hills trying to get my daily dose of being outside (which I LOVE) and exercising (which I DON'T love, but find it a necessary evil..). I was being bathed in sunshine and the smell of fresh air, like after a rain, the beautiful red and yellow and purple flowers saying hello to spring, and the grass trying to awaken his green blades. I was basking in the beauty that this time of year brings when all of the sudden I felt a rock in the bottom of my shoe, which caused me to think about how life is sometimes just like that...a rock in my shoe. One minute all is comfortable and blissful and then the next minute there is uncomfortable I have to deal with. The Lord wants us to be happy and full of joy but I am pretty sure that He said nothing about being comfortable. I am surrounded by bounteous blessings and beauty, the task is not to lose sight of that while that rock is in the bottom of my shoe!

1 comment: