Thursday, April 29, 2010

A ponderment about fly's

I like to ponder. It is good for a person. Today I am pondering those pesky little get-in-your-face, buzz around your head, stalk your food fly's. I leave the back door open first thing in the morning so Scooter (our kid with fur) can go do his thing while I go and do other things to get ready for Seminary. And today a fly helped himself into the house while I wasn't looking. Now, here is the ponderment (I know that isn't a word, but I am going to use it anyway): Why would a fly, who has the run of the great outdoors, with all of it's fresh air and loveliness and plenty of things to sniff and eat on, want to come inside and risk either suffocating because I have trapped him inside the window, or being swatted to death? And how is it that he found my door opening with all of the openness outside???? As I thought about that I thought of how sometimes we as human beings do the same thing. We have so much freedom and potential for happiness if we live right and be good. And yet, we sometimes go looking for that open door that leads us into a less than good or ideal situation and even sometimes a dangerous situation.
Well that is my ponderment for today. I'm going to grab my flyswatter, I hear a buzzing in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment