Saturday, March 20, 2010

Life is not for whimps...

I know that I raised my hand when my Heavenly Father asked me if I wanted to come to earth and have a body and experience "life'. I even think that He went so far as to show me some of the types of trials that I might encounter and have to endure. Still, I voted YES. I agreed to the plan. But now I am beginning towonder if I am just a whimp...
Here I am 44 years later somedays wondering why it was that I did that. I sometimes think that maybe I was behaving like I did in the 4th grade, always chattering with my neighbors... so much so that my teacher, Mr Silva, had to send notes home to my Mom that read "Jennifer is a sweet girl but she talks too much". That's it! I wasn't listening, I was too busy talking to my neighbor! Sounds like it could be true, but I don't think that is how it went.
So I was talking to my best friend (really a sister separated at birth...no, not really) and she said "Jenn we should look at it as a compliment from Heavenly Father that he trusts us enough (she says "us" cuz she is having trials too, she also raised her hand!) with his children to have these trials with them." Ok, I suppose so. Afterall, I did raise my hand and that meant that I promised I would do whatever it took to raise his children the best that I know how, with His help, of course. So that is what I am trying to do. So for now I will keep repeating to myself, I am not a whimp, I am not a whimp, I am not a whimp.. until it finally sticks. (Maybe I should go write it repeatedly on a chalkboard like we had to do in grade school..well I never had to......did you?)
For now, I am going to find some chocolate which always makes things better...always!

No comments:

Post a Comment