Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Run like the....wind

Why does the wind always have to blow? The wind gives me a complex...not a good one. So yesterday I decided that it was time to try and shed some of these extra pounds that I carry around. (This really does have to do with the wind...I promise) So, what to do?? I invested in "the firm"...I do like the workouts but I really lOVE to be outside. Walking is great but just doesn't burn the calories that I would like. I decided that maybe I should take up running. Well, more like jogging. And that is exactly what I did. So today I embarked on the adventure again only this time with different external circumstances...the wind. An angry wind....probably a north wind...with cheeks full of cold air that he blew ruthlessly in my face. I struggled down the hill with his biting bellows and then...I turned the corner. I no longer had a head wind but now a tail wind. I was getting help along my way! So as I was getting pushed along I thought about how lately the trials have rained down upon our family and I feel sometimes as if I am fighting a head wind. And then, just as I think that I cannot handle anymore I get a tailwind and the Lord pushes me along ! I am greatful for the tailwind of course that I can use to kind of "coast" when I can't run anymore. BUT I am also thankful for the headwind that allows me to become stronger and teaches me to appreciate the times when life isn't so "in my face"!! So, here's to the wind, whichever way it may blow!

No comments:

Post a Comment