Friday, February 3, 2012

Oh what a year!

2011 was a good year...but it was a HARD year. I don't think that I am the only one that thinks so either...and if I am, don't tell me.

It started out with the birth of our second grandson, Sheridan and Garrett's baby, Sawyer. He was the highlight of our 2011. He still is a highlight! What a character! He keeps us all giggling!

The "valleys" of last year include these hard things:

I lost and Aunt and Uncle (because they couldn't live without each other they died exactly a week apart). Their son also passed away of a suspected heart attack at the young age of 60.

I lost a favorite Uncle...Uncle Bud. I loved that man so much. He could light up a room just by smiling.

I lost another cousin to a drug overdose the day before Christmas Eve. And sadly enough within that same family, her sister's husband shot himself on Christmas Eve.

AND, I had one of the hardest trials that I have had to endure in my life so far. As you can tell, it was a HARD year. BUT, I learned many wonderful lessons AND I felt my Saviors love burning strong. Many miracles and tender mercies have come to pass. I am so grateful for my Savior who provides us with opportunities to grow and to become like him so that we can return to him someday.

I am coming to understand the phrase "refiners fire" a little better now. I appreciate the way that our Savior loves us enough to help us smooth off the rough edges of our "natural man" so that we may fully enjoy the blessings that are in store for us.

Welcome 2012! I hope this year is a little less eventful than last year!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Mom you are so tough. I love you! Thanks for being a great example. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are so tough yourself! You are a mother! That is not for whimps! I love you too sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete