Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A hole in my heart...

I am not usually so dramatic but this truly expresses the way that I felt yesterday as I watched my little family of Lauren, Derek and Titan drive away. I could hardly stand to watch as they honked and waved good-bye. My heart hurt. Physically it hurt. It felt heavy. And now, there is a hole.

I am going to miss them so very much. I am so grateful for the time that they lived here and we were able to spend lots of time together. I am so thankful for the wonderful parents that Lauren and Derek are to baby Titan. I am so in love with that little boy. Well, I am in love with all of them, but there is something about that little guy that I can't resist! He knows how to brighten the day! He laughs and makes funny faces and makes me turn on Sesame Street. I am really going to miss him.

Being positive, (something I am trying HARD to do!!) I am excited for their adventures and for the new life that they are beginning. I am happy that they get to have experiences to help them grow. They get to see new and wonderful places and meet new and wonderful people!

So, I am going to patch up the hole in my heart with memories!! AND with the fact that I am going to visit in July!! (I hope that I remember to come home!!!)

I am so thankful for a loving and close family! I am so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You made me tear up! Haha I miss you guys so much already. I think I might be homesick! Thank you for the post. I am very excited for you guys to come visit us! We love you!

    ReplyDelete