Sunday, June 19, 2011

A thing or two I learned from my Dad

My Dad taught me some things... He taught me to respect my elders. He taught me to have manners. He taught me that idleness was not acceptable. He taught me that cleanliness is next to Godliness (I hope he doesn't come over very soon!!!) He taught me that reading is a great way to have adventures while never having to leave your house. He taught me how to put on panty hose correctly. (Are they still called that? Do women even wear them anymore??) I will explain...My Dad was a truck driver and in order to stay warm (I am letting out some top-secret info here!) they wear panty hose under their pants!!! Don't tell anyone this secret came from me!! And I think one of the most important things that my Dad taught me was to never talk bad about anyone. I never heard him say a bad word about anybody while growing up. I have to say, and not with pride, that I have not been a very good example of that for my own children...but I am trying to do better!!
He provided for 7 children and worked hard to make sure that we had a roof over our heads and shoes on our feet!!
Happy Father's Day, Andrew Daniel Rhode King McInnes, because your Mom thought you would be the last child and so she gave you all the names!!!
I love you! And thank you for all that you have done for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment