Friday, May 21, 2010

We've sprung a spring

I came into the garage just fine after Seminary and parked my little Winnie. We had a girls day planned, me and my girls. Go walk around the "big mall", eat some scrumptious lunch then go and watch the movie "babies". We would meet at Laurens house at 10 am. I packed my stuff in anticipation of the much needed get away. I got into my car and pushed my garage door opener and the door went up 3 inches then back down, then up and back down, and up again and back down again. It was a tug of war between lift or stay... Stay won. The spring on the right side had broken in half. I was a prisoner in my own garage. So instead of girls day out, it was girls day in. I had to wait for Mr. Repair Man to come and we all know how that is. But, I called Mr. Repair Man's secretary and asked her if I could go out to lunch with my girls and have him come later and she gladly agreed. I think she felt my pain at being stranded...the girls and I went to an especially delicious lunch at Ardovinos and the minute I walked in the door the phone rang and fix it man was here 5 minutes later!
Sheridan mentioned at lunch that she had been having a weird feeling about going today. Maybe we weren't supposed to follow the plan we had originally made. We all agreed that things happen for a reason... I'm going to go the garage for a little game of tug of war..this time there will be a different winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment