Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tomorrows

What a gift to be able to go to bed each night knowing that tomorrow will bring with it a new day with new possibilities and opportunities! I have been extremely grateful for this gift the last couple of months. It is not a small thing. There were some days last week where I was maybe (probably) wishing that I didn't have to face a tomorrow and what it might hold. But I did face a tomorrow and then another tomorrow and they were hard and they were painful. And I have kept facing my tomorrows. A scripture keeps recounting over and over again in my head ..."there is no reward until after the trial of your faith." AFTER the TRIAL. Oh yes. AFTER. There have been dark days and sad days and teary days and angry days. I have felt the deepness of my sorrow trying to swallow me up, its gaping jaws ready and waiting for me to fall in. But I am not going to. Because I have tomorrows. I have tomorrows to trust in the Lord with all of my heart, might, mind and strength. I have tomorrows to feel His arms wrapped around me encouraging me to be strong and to be courageous. I have tomorrows to be taught lessons that I might not otherwise have learned. And I have tomorrows to love the people that love me and to enjoy warm and rich relationships with family and friends. And most of all I have tomorrows to serve those around me who may be (probably) having trials even worse than my own. What a gift to have tomorrows! I am going to make the most of them that I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment