Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The ties that bind

Have you ever thought about the ties that bind? They are strong and they are persistent. They are patient and they are most definitely pulled on.

My Dad's sister ,Hannah, and her husband, Leo, both passed away in January, and not only that, they did it 2 days apart. Some people are so lucky! He has always said that he would not let her go without him, and that he didn't!!! I have often wondered about the bonds of love and I do believe that they are stronger than we recognize. We love them and their family. Until we meet again, Uncle Leo and Aunt Hannah!

But this is not all. My sister-in-law's parents died within a week of each other and she always comments about how it all went when her Dad got to Heaven. He most likely said "Oh, I can't be alone, I need my wife here." And he pulled.


I took care of a couple in Carlsbad and although she wasn't very old, she had been bed bound for years. He husband was much older than her. She contracted an infection and passed away. 5 days later, he, too was gone. And she pulled.

A neighbor lady of my mother-in-law had dementia. Her husband had a few health problems but nothing fatal. She passed away and 3 days later he passed. And she pulled.

Pure love. Strong love. Binding love. These are the ties that bind.




No comments:

Post a Comment