Thursday, February 17, 2011

Exodus Out...of El Paso

I knew the day was going to come. I had been asked and even pleaded with. I am stubborn. I really don't like change. Actually I don't like change at all. I know DEEP in my heart that change is good, it is a time for growth and a time for renewing. It is also hard and it tends to stretch one's limits. That is the point, I guess.

So, Leon and I, Sheridan and baby Sawyer will be hauling all of our goods to the hot SW valley of Phoenix in June. It will be ok. I don't love the heat, but after the brutal winter storm that we had a couple of weeks ago, I choose warm over cold. I will embrace the new life and will "bloom where I am planted". I can do that!

But, we are not the only family members exiting this border town. Lauren, Derek and baby Titan will move to Georgia in June. I will sure miss being able to play with that little boy whenever I want to, seeing his sweet face and little teeth (with the gap in the middle) when he smiles at me. I hope they have a guest room...I have a feeling I will be there ALOT!!

Colin is the only one that is staying behind. He has moved out on his own and has a good job so he does not want to leave and have to start over. Good plan. We wish him lots of luck and happiness and safety here. We will miss him.

So, El Paso, there is a reason that we lived here for 5 1/2 years. We have loved and learned and grown. We have shared and laughed and cried. We are leaving here better people. Thank you for what you have taught us. We might miss you for a minute!

1 comment:

  1. Boo to being apart from each other but cheers to new experiences! I love you guys; I'll miss you! : )

    ReplyDelete