Thursday, July 9, 2009

I can do hard things (well others can...)

I just had to write and tell you how proud I am of Jordan. He is in a psychology class this semester and one day he called me with a big concern. "Mom, this professor uses the "F"word like the word "the"..it is every other word. I am bothered by it, what should I do?" Well, thinking that it would be so great for Jordan to go talk to the teacher, that is exactly what I suggested. Then it hit me.. would I do that? I would WANT to but I am not sure I could (being the brave sould that I am...) So we talked and I still kept getting the feeling that he should talk to the teacher. Well he went the round about way first. He got a hold of this teachers boss abd the boss suggested the same thing that I did, talk to him directly first. Poor Jordan, why do we have to get put in these spots??? I got a phone call this morning and Jordan proceeded to tell me that he had a 30 minute long conversation with this teacher. Jordan found out that he was a Catholic Priest and had served a mission in Honduras for his church. Jordan told him that he also had served a mission for his church, in Mexico City. As the conversation continued the teacher told Jordan that in all of his years of teaching no one has ever brought to his attention his language problem. He thanked Jordan and apologized and told Jordan that he respected him and that he would work on watching what he said. THEN he asked Jord if he had any literature on the church!! SO Jord is givng him a B.O.M tomorrow. WHAT A GUY!! I am so proud of him. I know that Heavenly Father is really proud of him too! WAY TO GO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment