Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th !!

It was really fun this weekend with the kids. I know this is gonna sound really crazy since my kids are grown and all but we had a camping outing in our backyard on the 3rd of July. You know, we thought "Hey the best of both worlds....camping AND flushing potties YAY". So they pitched tents and put up a canpoy and hauled a little grill out on the grass (another perk of being at home, laying your tent on cushy green grass). So that was the camping spot and the house was the "lodge". It was great fun until the lightning and thunder came crashing down followed by massive amounts of rain. Jordan and Dyanna were the only ones that braved it out! WAY TO GO!!!! Next morning was breakfast on the lodge porch complete with bacon, eggs and pancakes with the famous buttermilk syrup!!! YUMMY! We had a wonderful weekend together!
The only spot that is sad for me right now is Colin. He is very removed from the family and that leaves a raw wound for me most of the time. But I, for now, will take comfort in the fact that his Heavenly Father knows him much better than I do and loves him more than I can even imagine and he is watching over him.
Hey, by the way, no parade in Eager this year. Maybe next year!!! Bring on those Scottish skirts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment