Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Why?

When bad things happen to me, well, I can try and reason with myself as to "why"...and I can put all of my faith into it and find comfort. But when bad things happen to my kids, it is really rather hard because trying to comfort them is very difficult. Sheridan and Garrett bought their first puppy and she was so adorable. About 2 weeks later they noticed that things weren't quite right so they took her to the vet. Distemper. "It is possibe that she can beat it but it is also possible that she can't" said Dr. Freund, the veteranarian. So equipped with medicine and a renewed spirit they took her home. For a few weeks all was well. Then the round of meds were over and she fell ill again. Yesterday no eating or drinking and today, very lethargic. I got a phone call tonight saying that she had her teeth clenched and that her eyes were open but she was not responding. About an hour went by and then another tear-filled phone call saying that their cute little Kiera puppy had passed away. They buried her under a tree that she liked in their yard, on their "ranch". This is very difficult to explain. I want to take their pain and run as fast as I can with it and then throw it far away so that it might never come back again. But I can't. So I tell her to go and snuggle Garrett and together they can feel comfort in each others arms. Then I tell her that I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment