Friday, March 31, 2017

Promises and Patriarchal blessings

This is a sacred topic!  I love my Patriarchal blessing and I get it out frequently so that I can be reminded of the promises that are mine if I am faithful and steadfast!  I also like to be reminded of the warnings and the counsel that are contained in it!

There is one part of my blessing that has always felt like such a heavy responsibility.  I recognize the HUGE blessing that it is!  I really do.  But I am a frail and weak human who isn't always perfect (not even close) with prayer.

Here is the part:
"through your prayers you might call down blessings that might not otherwise come to your family"


I have often wondered if I would know exactly what blessings came as a result of my prayers, that might not otherwise come.  

As I was thinking on these things this week, a thought came to me that one of the times the prayer that was offered, was a prayer that saved my sons life.  I don't know what he was doing or where he was, but because I had offered a prayer, Heavenly Father, as He promised, answered that prayer for me.  The incident happened more that 2 months ago, but just this morning, when I was ready to listen, I received that witness!

I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has such confidence and faith in his children!  I am grateful for the promises that are sure.  I love Him.  I am mindful of the many blessings that are poured down upon me on a daily basis!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment