Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Just to be willing

So this week has proven to be quite interesting in many ways.  But, for the sake of this post, I will concentrate on one word that sums it all up quite nicely.  Willing.

I was asked if I could pick up my HT and his wife at the airport on a busy Tuesday afternoon, I said that of course I could.

I received a text from a mother who needed a ride home from Seminary for her daughter and one other on an early Thursday morning.  Both in the same week. 

I am happy to be of service, especially knowing that I have been asking a lot of favors of the Lord lately.  A LOT.

So, on Tuesday morning I received a text saying that my HT and his wife are stranded in Wyoming because of storms.  I wouldn't be needing to pick them up.

On that same Tuesday afternoon I received another text saying that the mother of the girls needing a ride home figured something else out and I wouldn't be needing to take them home.

I do believe that sometimes just be willing allows the Lord to understand our hearts and shows him that we are available...that we are grateful.. and that we are willing...willing to lift one another and bear one another's burdens.

I am glad that this week I was willing and, although I didn't do anything, the Lord knows that He can count on me to be at least that.


No comments:

Post a Comment